- Inside helm station with full sail controls and excellent sight lines
- Self tacking jib boom combined with a furling boom for square top mainsail, make sail handing simple and enjoyable for one person
- Skeg with foil provides propeller protection and improves sailing performance
- Kick up rudders to allow for shallow water (2′) operation under power, and allow the boat to rest on the protective skeg when beached
- Large tankage – 210 gallons of fuel, 105 gallons of water
- Weighing less than 20,000 lbs (with full tanks) makes for a truly light performance cruising catamaran, which is easily driven with routine cruising speeds of 15 knots+ and capable of 25+ knots
- Hull, deck, and structural bulkheads are built with foam cores utilizing additional carbon fiber and kevlar layers in high load areas to achieve optimum strength with minimum weight
Developed by Anchor Yachts
Designed by Schionning Designs
Built by Pacific Seacraft in the USA
Razor Cat 52 – Overview
The focus of this design is elegant performance. An offshore capable multihull which is easily controlled and operated by one person from the safety and comfort of a central inside helm station, featuring 360 degree views throughout the bridge deck. All lines (with the exception of the genoa/spinnaker sheets) lead to two electric reversible winches located either side of the helm. The genoa/ spinnaker sheets are handled by the two electric reversible winches in the cockpit (that can also be controlled remotely at the helm). Couples that have spent time cruising know how critical it is to be able to handle the boat easily while on watch without having to wake your partner, this is not possible on most catamaran designs.
A properly designed and constructed catamaran can be a very fast, but only if it remains light and easily driven. This design has relatively narrow hulls with dagger boards, along with simple powerful rig. The high bridge deck clearance minimizes pounding in a seaway and greatly adds to the comfortable motion aboard while sailing. All systems are designed to be easily accessed and maintained, a critical feature on any true cruising sailboat.
The bridge deck offers indoor/outdoor living at its finest, with excellent sight lines when sitting or standing, in the salon as well as on the aft deck. While the inside helm is the control center of the boat, the large U-shaped galley is the heart of the boat and is located on the bridge deck across from the dinette with easy access to the aft deck. The galley features a bar, under counter fridge/freezer drawers, a large sink, a proper stove with oven, along with substantial counter space and storage.
The accommodations in each hull are configured to provide a generous aft cabin with a queen berth that is easy to get into from the foot of the berth, along with ample storage. Moving forward is a modified queen midship berth (which folds up to reveal a work bench when needed). Next is a large forward head compartment with separate shower stall and large hanging locker. On the occasion you have additional guests the dinette also converts to a spacious double berth.
The market has seen an ever increasing demand for catamarans, particularly among sailors who have previously owned cruising monohulls. These buyers are looking for a catamaran that is well built offering: speed, comfort, and safety that is easy to handle while remaining a joy to sail. They also want a design that allows them to enjoy indoor/outdoor living (while underway and at anchor) in a way that is not possible on a traditional monohull. However, most catamarans on the market are designed and built for the charter market, which focuses on maximizing the number of berths and interior accommodations without concern of the adverse effects it has on sailing performance. The Razor Cat focuses on what experienced sailors are looking for in a performance cruising catamaran.
Razor Cat 52 – Specifications
- LOA – 52 ft
- BOA – 26’ 4”
- Ratio beam/length – 13.7:1
- Draft (boards up) – 2′
- Draft (boards down) – 6’2”
- Bridgedeck clearance – 3′
- Full Displacement – 19,730 lbs (full tanks)
- Lightship Displacement – 17,000 lbs (empty tanks)
- Payload – 5,732 lbs
- Engines – 2 x 45 hp Yanmar diesels with straight shafts, or Ocean Volt hybrid system
- Tankage – 105 gal. water, 210 gal. fuel
- Headroom – 6’9”
- Mast clearance – 64’
- Jib sail area – 419 square feet
- Mainsail area – 861 square feet
- 6 degree mast rake, square top mainsail
The development of the Razor Cat is the result of my personal experiences cruising with my wife aboard our performance offshore catamaran, as well as my 15+ years selling new and used yachts. During that time I have been listening to what my clients have been searching for in a cruising catamaran, and the Razor Cat is the culmination of those experiences.
I am excited to be working with such a talented team to bring the Razor Cat to life:
Schionning Designs has been designing performance multihulls for over 25 years. Credited with over 400 boats on the water and cruising the world and zero failures on record, speaks to the success of their designs.
Pacific Seacraft has earned a reputation as a highly skilled builder of ocean going yachts, which they build with pride in Washington, NC USA. Their passion for boat building will be evident from your initial contact, throughout the entire build process, and after you take delivery of your new Razor Cat.
I am confident that the Razor Cat’s combination of innovative design, easily controlled sailing performance, and exceptional build quality, will bring joy to her owners and all aboard.
Elevate your sailing experience with the Razor Cat 52.
Josh Hodgson – Owner of Anchor Yachts and Principal of Razor Cat
Razor Cat 52 – Features
- Built using carbon fiber and Kevlar in the high stress areas to ensure the optimum strength while keeping the weight down
- Layout designed with single inside helm station, and removable tillers for outdoor steering when desired
- Large sliding hatch over inside helm to allow for easy sail inspection and ventilation
- Harken 60 electric self-tailing Rewind Radial primary winches mounted either side of the helm with clutches for the following lines:
– Halyards (Mainsail, Jib, Genoa, Spinnaker)
– Furling lines (Mainsail, Jib, Genoa)
– Jib Sheet, jib outhaul, jib boom topping lift
– Main boom topping lift
- Harken 60 electric self-tailing Rewind Radial Genoa winches on the aft coaming in the cockpit with controls at helm as well
- Manual Antal Line driver for raising and lower dagger boards at helm
- Power electric line driver for mainsail traveler, controls at helm as well as each aft winch. Traveler can also be controlled by aft winches if needed as a manual back up.
- Large U-shaped gourmet galley with cockpit bar: featuring two Virtifrigo under counter drawer refrigerator/ freezer, induction stove with oven, as well as substantial storage space with a pantry and additional counter space forward of the galley
- Cockpit has a full hard top, a bar, along with a grill and beverage fridge built in to the aft coaming
- Large flush solar panel array on top of salon/ cockpit
- Each hull features aft cabin with queen berth abundant storage, a modified queen midship berth orientated fore and aft that converts to to a work bench when needed, with a head and large separate shower forward
- Dometic Turbo 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heating in each hull
- Vacuflush electric toilets in each hull
- Electronics package: owners choice (such as B&G, Garmin, or Raymarine)
- Jefa transmission steering system with carbon rudders, and carbon wheel
- Protective skeg with foil forward of the outdrives that protects the props and provides lift for the vessel, as well as safe beaching with kick up rudder system
- Jib on Bamar GFM roller furler
- Self-tacking carbon jib boom for jib
- Genoa/code zero on Bamar RLG EVOS roller furler
- Square topped mainsail
- Option: Carbon Fiber mast
- Option: Carbon fiber furling V-boom configured to accommodate a square-topped mainsail
- Option: OceanVolt electric propulsion system (in lieu of twin 45 hp Yanmar diesel engines)
– 2 x SD15 electric motors with Servoprop
– Hydroregeneration system
– 2 x 12 KW Whisper Power 48V DC generators
– Valence 10.5KWh Lithium battery bank
- Option: Espar D5LC diesel force air cabin heaters in each hull
- Option: Spectra Cape Horn Extreme Watermaker
- Option: Offshore Cruising Tenders 350 carbon fiber tender